This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:3-4
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9
God’s desire is for all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth! We all have people in our lives and spheres of influence who are unsaved and don’t know Christ. We should be praying for them because we care deeply about them and because we know that God cares for them and wants none of them to perish. His desire is for all of them to come to repentance. God always answers prayer when it is in accordance with his will and for his renown! We don’t always know how or when he will respond, but we do know that he always acts in response to our prayers for others. Our prayers are not in vain! His answers will always be for his glory, for our good, and the good of those we are praying for. He is better than we think he is, and doing more than we think he is doing!
As we approach Resurrection Sunday 2017, let’s pray with fervency for the lost and broken in our community, unsaved family members, neighbors, co-workers, and those in our spheres of influence to come to Christ! Here are some key prayer points and verses that can be used in praying for the unsaved!
- Ask God for courage and the power of the Holy Spirit to be an effective witness in your sphere of influence. Acts 1:8
- Pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon all flesh! Pray for the Holy Spirit to convict the world in regards to sin, righteousness and judgment. Acts 2:17, John 16:8-11
- Pray for God’s kindness to lead men to repentance. Rom. 2:4
- Pray for God to send laborers into the harvest fields of Whatcom County. Matt. 9:37-38
- Pray that the Lamb who was slain would receive his due reward in Whatcom County! Rev. 5:9
- Ask the Father to give his son the nations as his inheritance. Psalm 2:8
- Pray for mighty signs, wonders and miracles for the sake of the gospel. Acts 4:29-30
- Pray for God to remove the blindness from the enemy over the minds of the unbelievers that they will see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ! 2 Cor. 4:4
As Evan Roberts, the great Welsh Revivalist, prayed often,
“Father, send the Spirit now, for Jesus Christ’s sake.
Send the Spirit now powerfully, for Jesus Christ’s sake.
Send the Spirit now more powerfully, for Jesus Christ’s sake.
Send the Spirit now still more powerfully, for Jesus Christ’s sake.”
May Whatcom County be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea! Habakkuk. 2:14