The Whatcom Story
Five years ago we released our first Whatcom Story video, describing some of the transformation results in Whatcom County! God used this Whatcom Story video testimony to inspire and catalyze united prayer in our community and in other cities in our nation. We give special credit to Tim Taylor who trained us as the original architect of the prayer strategy called Operation Rolling Thunder! Learn more at www.kingdomleague.org
This summer we embarked on capturing Whatcom Story Part 2 to help clarify the vision, and show the sustainability of transformation through united, day and night prayer! Our vision is to build and strengthen canopies of United, Strategic, and Sustainable 24/7 prayer here in Whatcom County and beyond! Our motivation is to win for the Lamb who was slain the due reward for his sufferings!
As the Church in Whatcom County has been equipped and mobilized in united prayer through the ministry of LOWPC, we have seen Jesus answer in powerful ways locally:
- 2,000 hours of committed prayer each month both at the prayer center and with the 40 churches that commit to a day of prayer once a month every month!
- 10,000 new believers have been baptized since 2008, with more each passing week!
- 80 new churches were planted in Whatcom County, loving and serving the community.
- Our Hispanic churches have added 1500 new believers baptized in water in the last six years, with 11 new church plants launching with these new believers (15,000 total Hispanic population in Whatcom County).
- 80 pastors from different denominations, cultures and generations are uniting together in regular prayer gatherings.
- God has established a highly successful safe-house ministry for women survivors of human trafficking, restoring hope and bringing salvation to the broken.
- The Church of Whatcom is responding to the foster care crisis; orphans are finding homes.
- 700 kids now participate each week in Good News Clubs in our county, with 60 percent of them unchurched!
- Our abortion numbers have consistently dropped over the last 10 years.
To God be ALL the glory! He is the one prompting us to pray in the first place! So much has happened since we began in 2008 and I am grateful for partners like you who have journeyed with us. But I know God is not done yet! I believe our most impactful days are still ahead!
I believe that the next ten years are truly a DECADE OF DESTINY – one that will greatly affect the long-term spiritual direction of our community, not only here in Whatcom County but around the globe. So far 12 other cities in America and cities in Indonesia, Czech Republic, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates have adopted the prayer strategy and are beginning to see transformation.
As the culture grows darker, we must equip our churches and leaders for supernatural impact. I am asking for your help to catalyze a new generation of prayer-passionate, Gospel-loving leaders to spark powerful renewal in local churches and the marketplace, all across the globe!
For the Glory of the Lamb,