- Pray for Christian music artists to write songs that reach into the secular world. Music can shape culture so we are praying for culture shaping artists that have influence outside the church.
Arts & Media
- The Illuminate conference (Christian business Leaders) opened a door for effective ministry. Pray for wisdom, direction and Divine strategies for the committee as they plan the next steps. Ephesians 1:17-19.
- Pray for business leaders to mentor each other in humility and transparency creating relationships that transform the business community. Ezekiel 11:19
- Pray for 5+ new businesses to have morning prayer times at the work place.
- Pray for the church to grow in thanksgiving, gratitude, and generosity. Pray for giving (tithes and offerings) to triple this holiday season.
- Pray for the Christmas season and Christmas Eve services to effectively share the gospel with the unreached, and unbelieving families’ members. Pray for Operation Christmas Boxes, and love-motivated outreaches to poor and needy families in our churches.
- Pray for 3 new church plants in the county; Bless the City (AOG), Sonlight (CRC), and Holy Preparation (Anglican).
Development - Social Services
- Pray that churches would work for each person in their care to experience transformation in their walk with Christ. Praying that more and more people will experience freedom from besetting sins.
- Pray that God would open the hearts and minds of both Christians and non-Christians who serve the same people and cause of social justice and human need, to work together in mutuality and respect. And that God would encourage and promote His children who work within secular agencies.
- Pray for the boldness to stand up for Jesus. September had “Meet you at the pole” as a time for students to pray together before school. Pray that students, teachers, staff and administrators would find and make bold statements that proclaim their faith in Jesus. Pray for teachers and staff to pray together before school once a week. Matthew 16:24
- Bellingham School Partnership prayer targets: Continued favor from the School District to continue to help serve in this way.
- Find more churches to partner for the schools within the Bellingham School District (till all schools are reached).
- Please pray for families/marriages in distress to find the resources in our community available and pray for abundance in the church and Faith ministries ie. Family Promise Bellingham, Love after Marriage, Band of Brothers, Retrouvaille.
- Please pray for the Lord to stir the hearts of the Church Parents toward the children that we would receive and desire more than our capacity carrying a heart for the orphan. Malachi 4:6, James 1:27. Whatcom County Pregnancy, Bethany Christian Services, Skookum Kids, 40 days 4 Life.
- Please pray that Christian students, staff, and parents would seek wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of God to love and live for Jesus without compromise (Psalms 50:23 & Ephesians 1:17) and that they would be known by a spirit of thankfulness. (Psalm 50:14)
- Pray for a covering of safety over all schools (Psalm 91) and for the development of a Christian High school in Bellingham.
- Pray that the Church of Whatcom County and specifically the church of Bellingham, would get involved, be engaged in City government, pay attention, and let their voices be heard.
- Pray for the TRUTH to be sought after in committee meetings, hearings, debates over city, county ordinances and policies.
- Pray that health care workers of faith would model healthy boundaries including Sabbath rest.
- Pray that Christian health care workers will create times to pray together before their shifts at each facility in the county.
- Pray that the government of India does not succeed in their plans to make witnessing illegal (their goal is to enforce this by the end of the year). Pray for mighty evangelism efforts through the Project 92 missionaries in India in these two months!
- Pray for the salvation of unbelieving Jews in Israel. Pray for a mighty outpouring of the Spirit upon all Israel, and that God would remove the blindness over their eyes so they can see the light of the glory of God in the face of Jesus! 2 Cor. 4:4-6
- Pray for an administrative assistant for our local ICR base (International Christian Response)