Whatcom County Prayer Guide
Sustainable - Strategic - United Prayer for Whatcom County
Praise and Worship – And David said: “Blessed are you, O Lord, the God of Israel our father, forever and ever. Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.” (1 Chronicles 29:10-11, ESV)
This prayer guide focuses on praying one of the Names of God over each sphere of our city/county. As we begin 2024 let us lift the Name of Jesus above all: above family divisions, above denominations, above preferences, above politics, above the news, above all that seeks to divide, because Jesus said when He was lifted up ALL people would be drawn to HIM (John 12:32). David’s prayer (above) is a great example of exalting God above all. The glorious thing is that when we do, our own spirits are lifted too. Many people are tired and discouraged right now. Notice that David proclaims that God is able to ‘give strength to all.’ (Suggested song to listen/worship with, “I Speak Jesus” by Charity Gale.)
Pray for your Church, your City, your Family, your Church, your Schools.
Pray for the unique setting your church has as a part of the body of Christ. Pray for the body of Christ to, “Do justice, love kindness, walk humbly with God” (Micah 6:8)
- We pray/bring justice into our world by ____________
- We show the kindness of God by ____________
- We seek to demonstrate the humility of Christ by _______
Praying for Whatcom County
Author and Finisher – Hebrews 12:2, “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and (editor) finisher of our faith.”
- Praise God for all the faith-based films in 2023 and pray for those in the works for 2024.
- Pray for Michael and Sherrie Lineau and the series for teens, “Even the Darkness.” They have met with a media distributor and the door has been opened for streaming. Pray for integrity and protection in the business process and funds to produce 5-10 more episodes in 2024. Pray for Holy Spirit to draw teens and the perfect timing for release.
Jehovah-Jireh: The Lord Shall Provide – Genesis 22:8, “God will provide for himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son,” Abraham replied.
- Pray for wisdom for believers to speak into the water rights issues that will impact businesses, farms, individuals, and the Native Americans.
- Pray that we as business leaders can grow in our ability to comprehensively develop strong visions and develop teams to bring the vision forth – Proverbs 29:18
Faithful Witness – Revelation 1:5, “Grace and peace to you…from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the first born from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.”
- Pray for youth ministries of all forms. Youth are hungry for relationship and the church has an open door to demonstrate true relationship. Jesus came as Immanuel, pray for all in youth ministry to demonstrate God’s love in their being present.
- Pray for the church to have a radical focus on Jesus in 2024. The enemy seeks to divide but Jesus came to proclaim unity in Himself. Pray for the church to demonstrate unity through this election year.
The God who sees me – Genesis 16:13, “So she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, “You are a God of seeing,” for she said, “Truly here I have seen Him who looks after me.”
- One non-profit leader asked, “I seek prayer for my employees and employment transitions and hiring searches.”
- As these brothers and sisters seek to be God’s hand of healing in others’ lives, their own lives have challenges too. Pray for their protection.
Teacher –John 20:16, “Jesus said, “Mary.” Turning to face Him, she said ‘Teacher’.”
- Pray for a discerning spirit for parents and educators. 1 Corinthians 2:15-16, “The one who is spiritual discerns all things … we have the mind of Christ.”
- Pray that in 2024 every school will have a group that prays for &/or prayer walks the school every month.
- Praise for 16 Good News Clubs (13 in the public schools) reaching almost 400 children – Pray for the schools who do not have a club and a church to host the club.
Rock – Matthew 7:24-25, “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.”
- Pray for WCPC (Whatcom County Pregnancy Clinic) as they renovate (details and finances) and move into a new facility in 2024. Pray for protection for the staff as they serve very vulnerable people.
- Pray for Katie Steele and Love Life as they work to create a culture that honors the sacredness of life in Whatcom County. Pray for 14 churches to join Love Life as ‘House of refuge’ churches.
Lord – Revelation 19:16, “On His robe and on His thigh He has a Name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.”
- Pray God will strengthen and amplify the voices in government that work for life and righteousness.
- Pray for the people just entering their term of service after this last election to be strong voices for righteousness.
Merciful God – Jeremiah 3:12, “I am merciful…” Ephesians 2:4-5, “But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved….”
- Medicare is planning a 9% reduction in coverage for services like physical therapy. This will challenge both seniors and providers who seek to serve. Pray for creative solutions.
INTERNATIONAL MISSIONS/ISRAEL/NATIVE AMERICANS
Lord of the Harvest – Matthew 9:37-38, “Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore, pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”
- Pray for Bangladesh. With over 167 million people, and less than 1% Christ-followers, Bangladesh represents a massive harvest field that needs Jesus! Pray that God will send out many workers, draw many people to Christ, and establish His Church all across Bangladesh!
- Ps 122:6, “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! May they be secure who love you!” As believers in Jesus, we not only pray for the peace of Jerusalem, but we pray for salvation and Harvest – on all sides of the current conflict.
- Pray for the several outreach efforts to the Native kids in this area. Pray that the Lord of the Harvest doubles the number of kids at each event.
In Jesus footsteps we seek to glorify the Father in prayer and in life. Pray again from 1 Chronicles 29 –
“O Lord God of our Father Israel, you deserve praise forevermore! O Lord, you are great, mighty, majestic, magnificent, glorious, and sovereign over all the sky and earth! You have dominion and exalt Yourself as the Ruler of all. You are the source of wealth and honor; You rule over all. You possess strength and might to magnify and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give thanks to YOU and praise Your Majestic Name! (NET)
PRAYER OPPORTUNITIES IN JANUARY/FEBRUARY
LOWPC is partnering with Project Pray for 21 Days of Prayer in January 2024. Please join us! (projectpray.org)
1) Download the prayer guide 21 Days of Prayer 2024
2) Pray through the 4 points each day for that particular day.
3) Consider joining the nightly prayer call from January 1st, 2024, at 5:30 pm PST. (518) 318-7117 no code needed.
Here below is a summary of prayer points for Jan/Feb 2024
Praise and Worship – First give God thanks as He is Worthy!
Faith-based films in 2024
- Michael and Sherrie Lineau: Teen series “Even the Darkness”: streaming opportunities and new episodes
- Wisdom in Water Rights legislation
- Vision and teamwork for Christian businesses
- Increased focus on Jesus
- Youth ministries in the County
- Unity between churches
- Employment transitions and hiring searches
- Protection for workers in Non-profit organizations
- Discerning spirit for parents and educators
- Plans for every school to have a group that prays/prayer walks the school monthly.
FAMILY –all generations
- Whatcom County Pregnancy Clinic: renovations & protection
- Love Life adoption program: 14 churches to volunteer as refuge churches.
- Strong voices for righteousness for all elected officials
- Medicare’s potential 9% reduction in service coverage
- Financial challenges for seniors and providers
- Harvest in Bangladesh
- Salvation for both sides of Israeli / Palestinian conflict
- More Native kids coming to outreach activities