Whatcom County Prayer Guide
Sustainable - Strategic - United Prayer for Whatcom County
We live in the most exciting time in history! And we live in one of the most challenging times in history. The pace of change is unprecedented. Can you imagine going through all these changes without God and without hope? As Paul reminds us, remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. (Ephesians 2:12) We have the message of hope because we have the God of all hope! May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)
Jesus came to save and to teach. One of the more challenging pieces for us to fully understand is that God is a Holy Sovereign God, AND He has come to us as a Father. Jesus teaches us to pray to Our Father. Do you pray to the best Father in the universe who loves you completely? If our faith is going to rise to the level of prayers that change even transform our community, we must believe and pray to a personal loving Father who responds to the prayers, the cries of His children.
In Luke 11:5-13 Jesus tells the story of a neighbor who comes to ask for a loaf of bread at midnight. Then Jesus says: “And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
This month’s prayer guide is patterned after the Prayer Covenant.
GRACE – Dear Father, thank you for Your grace that has made me one of Your dearly loved children.
LOVE– By Your grace, make being with You, loving You and obeying You my highest priority.
This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. (John 15:12)
Family – generations, singles, marriage, children
- Pray for a children’s prayer set to start in the House of Prayer in October with children from the Prayer Encounter camp.
- Pray for the right people to attend the September 28 & 29 sidewalk ministry training put on by Love Life at the downtown CTK. If interested, register here or contact Katie Steele.
COMPASSION – Empower me to love others the way You love me.
Doctors – Physical and Mental health workers, Social Services
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matthew 11:29)
- Pray for the mental health of our Medical Community and First Responders as they encounter so many tragic situations.
REPENTANCE – Wash me clean from every sin.
WORSHIP – Enable me to praise You, O Lord, with all my heart.
Church – International missions, Native Americans, Ministry organizations, campus ministries
We do not trust in chariots or horses, but in the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7
- Pray for Moms and other women from each school in the county to attend or get involved in a ‘Moms in Prayer’ group for their local school. (Conference Sept 18, 7-9pm at Light of the World Prayer Center – RSVP at www.lowpc.org)
- Pray for six more churches to become ‘House of Refuge’ Churches by January 2024.
You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others. (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Pray for student leadership in youth programs and campus ministries.
I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you spiritual wisdom and revelation in your growing knowledge of him,—since the eyes of your heart have been enlightened—so that you may know what is the hope of his calling, what is the wealth of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the incomparable greatness of his power toward us who believe, as displayed in the exercise of his immense strength. (Ephesians 1:17-19)
- Pray for the missionaries your church supports and for all those who are bringing the gospel to the darkest places on earth.
COMMITMENT– Jesus, be Lord of my life today in new ways, and change me any way You want!!
- Pray for 10 more churches to take a Day2Pray each month.
DEPENDANCE– Fill me with Your Holy Spirit
INFLUENCE– Make me an instrument of Your grace, truth, forgiveness, righteousness, and justice.
Art – Media, Entertainment, Sports, social media
In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish. (Matthew 18:14)
- Pray that social media apps like ‘Claim Your Campus’ that encourage prayer by kids for kids will take root in our youth. Pray for a growing hunger for Jesus, for the Word and for Prayer.
- Pray for the continued funding and impact of faith-based films.
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
- Ask God to call more business and media leaders in our community to become champions and advance the Gospel.
- Pray for the hiring of employees who are dependable and believe in the mission and vision of Christian owned businesses.
Education – Day care to university, public/private, home school
Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me. Mark 9:37
- Christian school board members to speak God’s wisdom at the General Assembly of school boards in Olympia.
- Pray for families to be involved in their kids’ education – in prayer, in school, at school board meetings.
- Pray that children will be safe this year – from violence, harmful agendas and indoctrination.
Government – city, district, county, state, nation, court system.
Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. (Psalm 34:13)
- Pray for Truth to be spoken by candidates and discernment for voters for the November elections.
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. (Timothy 2:1-2)
- Pray by name for elected officials, from President to local officials.
DISCIPLESHIP– Use me today for Your glory, as a witness to Your kingdom, and to invite others to follow Jesus Christ as Lord.
To equip the saints for the work of ministry, that is, to build up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God—a mature person, attaining to the measure of Christ’s full stature. (Ephesians 4:12-13)
- Pray for your church and small group to share the love of Christ and for many to discover Jesus is the way to salvation.
AUTHORITY – Gracious Father, I pray in the Name of Jesus Christ our Savior and in the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 24-25
Resources connected to today’s prayers:
Light of the World Prayer Center: www.lowpc.org
Mom’s in Prayer: https://momsinprayer.org
Claim Your Campus: https://claimyourcampus.com
Love Life sidewalk training: https://unqlink.com/widget/form/xsTFTx4kTJx0iFmXvoPH
The Prayer Covenant: https://theprayercovenant.org